Protect Yourself from Online Scams and Phishing Attempts
At CareerCommission.org, we take the safety and security of our users very seriously. We have become aware of fraudulent scam emails circulating that claim to be from our organization. These emails may use our name, logo, or other information to deceive recipients into believing they are legitimate. This page is dedicated to raising awareness about these scams and providing guidance on how to protect yourself from falling victim to such attempts.
Recognizing Fraudulent Emails
Fraudulent emails may attempt to impersonate CareerCommission.org in various ways, such as:
- Using a similar email address with slight variations or typos.
- Mimicking our website design, logo, or branding.
- Offering job opportunities, financial rewards, or other incentives that appear too good to be true.
- Requesting personal or sensitive information, such as bank account details, passwords, or identification numbers.
To protect yourself from these scams, be cautious of any unsolicited emails that request personal or financial information or seem suspicious in any way. CareerCommission.org will never ask for your bank account details, passwords, or other sensitive information via email.
What to Do If You Receive a Suspicious Email
If you receive an email that you suspect may be a scam or phishing attempt, please take the following steps:
- Do not click on any links, open attachments, or provide any personal information.
- Forward the suspicious email to [email protected] so that we can investigate and take appropriate action.
- Delete the email from your inbox and, if necessary, from your deleted items folder.
Reporting Scams and Phishing Attempts
If you believe you have been a victim of a scam or phishing attempt related to CareerCommission.org, please report the incident to your local law enforcement agency and notify us. Providing information about such incidents can help us take appropriate measures to protect our users and prevent future scams.
Staying Informed and Safe
At CareerCommission.org, we are committed to the safety and security of our users. We encourage you to stay informed about common online scams and phishing attempts and to be vigilant when using the internet. For more information about online safety and security, visit reputable resources such as the Federal Trade Commission’s website or your local government’s consumer protection agency.